We don't just need a haircut, we need a stylist. We can't walk out into public without first applying a dollop of make-up. We have a different shirt for every occasion, a different shoe for every sidewalk and a list of fashion do's & don'ts a mile long.
And then there's the really fun stuff: Control-top panty hose, polyester slimmers, girdles, camis; bras, underwire or otherwise, cotton or polyester, two-cup, band, clip in the front or back, lace, plain white or polka-dots. Slip or no slip? Thong, boy-cut, bikini or brief?
Vanity is a lot of work. And a boy doesn't have anything like the tuckers, suckers, slimmers, or lengtheners, so readily available to us females.
Well, apparently they now have some options for themselves.
Flipping my way through the Sunday paper inserts looking for coupons I found this:
A man's corset. I love it. Here I thought the "manssiere" (or the "bro") was just a joke on Seinfeld*.
It's good to know that our society now offers men some of the same equipment we women get to experience on a regular basis.
*Click the link to see a clip from the Seinfeld episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfONNfAjyrc
Simply put, this is amazing. Somehow, I don't think it will be particularly successful, but I could be wrong.
ReplyDeleteI bet you it's more successful than you or I could imagine. People buy that ginsing knife at 2 AM! Stranger things have happened.
ReplyDeletemans corset... really... oh my. i'm glad you shared this!
ReplyDeleteI am a fan. I think every man should have to wear this at least one day at work or to one special event to understand what we go through.
ReplyDelete