January 2013

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Here I go a-blogging...


Blogging has been around a lot longer than I’ve known about it. To be honest, the first time I heard about I thought it was ridiculous. Why do I care to read your inner-most thoughts online? Come to think of it, why are you sharing your inner-most thoughts online? Get a therapist. Or a diary.

And then my dear and darling friends started blogging, and it wasn’t diary-esque. It was actually pretty fun. So I tried. I’ve thrown together several mediocre blogs in an attempt to be “with it”. In a vicious cycle, I would create a blog, stress over the fonts and colors, then write a well-thought out post. The next day, I would abandon the whole thing out of boredom. Months later, I would be inspired by someone, delete my previously stressed-over blog, and start the whole vicious cycle over again.

So far I’m at step three of the process – I’ve posted. And what makes me thing I’ll stick with it?
Because the intent of this blog is different.

This blog is for my girls – Hannah, Noelle and Becca. This blog is my weapon to fight three-hours of time zone difference and stay in touch.

This blog is my link to let my mom know which website she needs to go to, and a place for my sister to see pictures.

This blog is the place to post my favorite recipes for Sophia and Brittany, my dear and wonderful cooking friends, and to keep updated on all the latest back in LA.

This blog is a place where I can stash all my favorite websites and clips without having to fight with facebook’s constantly changing framework, and where I can play around with the colors, fonts and templates with more freedom than wordpress.

So here I am, ladies – thoughts, pictures, recipes, websites and all. I’m throwing my hat into the blogging ring.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I will be a faithful reader and commenter! :) Can't wait to read more about what is going on in Sacramento! :) Love you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I love it! I am very interested in all you have to say. Can't wait for another post. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete